TYPE OF PRESENTATION – ORAL, COMMENTED POSTER, COMMENTED POSTER and E-POSTER
- Only papers related to Breast Cancer that have not been published shall be accepted.
- Each paper shall point out the preferred type of presentation whether oral, commented poster or e-poster.
- Typing of the abstract:
– Use line spacing of 1 with Font 10 (Times New Roman). Leave 1.5 cm margins both sides and justify the text.
– Maximum number of words: 300 (Title, authors, Institution and Key words are not included).
– Do not use paragraphs. In the event of using abbreviations and acronyms, explain them at the first time they are used in the text. Do not start sentences with numbers.
– Do not use tables or charts. They might be exhibited on the day of the oral presentation or in the poster text.
– Text division must obey the following order: title; authors; institution; objectives; methodology; results; conclusion; key words. For case reports, there is no need to follow such structure.;
– 8 authors (maximum) are allowed (one author and seven co-authors) per paper.
– The author who submits the paper must be registered in the Event and his/her registration must be paid off.
– The presenting author must be registered in the Event as well and his/her registration must be paid off.
– Authors shall be mentioned by their full names, separating authors using comma. Eg.: Antônio Basto Silva, Fábio Gomes Santos.
– Institution where the study has been carried out.
– Abstracts shall be ONLY written in ENGLISH.Papers shall be submitted through the site www.bbcs.org.br.
- Deadline for paper submission: 18/03/2021.
- The Judging Committee will only select papers that are relevant to the scientific community.
- The Scientific Committee shall evaluate all the papers approving or not their presentation. Due to space limitations for the presentations, the Committee also has the right to relocate certain papers from one session to another, depending on time and space availability.
- Authors of selected papers shall be notified in advance by email.
- The best papers shall be selected for oral presentation pursuant to the judgment of the Scientific Committee. The others shall be presented in a commented poster or an e-poster format during a particular session.
- Each oral presentation will last ten (10) minutes for the paper presentation using Data Show, followed by a five-minute panel discussion, with questions from the audience.
- Each poster presentation will last three (3) minutes for the paper presentation using Data Show, following discussion or comments by the table.
- The content of the approved study presentation shall be exclusively in English, however the speech may be in Portuguese
- The posters shall be sent in an e-poster format using power point.
- Papers that do not comply with the abovementioned instructions shall be automatically disregarded.
- In the event of a paper not being accepted there will be no reimbursement of the registration fee, excepting those who claimed reimbursement on the date displayed at the Online Registration Tab.
- The best paper will receive the award “Professor José Aristodemo Pinotti” in which the following will be granted: air tickets, accommodation and registration at the San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium 2020. The award “Professor Carlos Inácio de Paula” shall be granted amounting R$ 1,500.00 (One thousand and five hundred).
- The award “Professor Claudio Kemp” (Young Researcher) shall be given to the best paper whose main author(first author and/or presenter) is under the age of 35. Therefore, it is essential to inform the age of the first author during the registration of the paper. Papers presented orally or in a poster format shall compete equally. The best paper under this category will be awarded with air tickets, hotel and registration for the event Jornada Paulista de Mastologia – JPM 2020.
- There will also be the award Unicentro Brasileira, intended to those who have developed their research in Goias, Tocantins and Distrito Federal. The best study under this category shall receive R$ 5,000.00.
- The assessment will be made by peers, with a minimum of two evaluators per paper who are not aware of the authorship of such paper and the evaluation of the second examiner. The evaluation criteria are the following: (1) relevance and originality; (2) clarity and relevance of the objectives and consistency with the methodology; (3) the appropriateness of the research design; (4) description of the methods, statistical analysis; (5) outcome importance, clinical applicability and impact.”
- Awards are not cumulative.
- All approved papers will be published at the Mastology journal.