TYPE OF PRESENTATION – ORAL AND POSTER
- Only papers related to Breast Cancer that have not been published shall be accepted.
- Each paper shall point out the preferred type of presentation whether oral, commented poster or poster.
- Typing of the abstract:
– Use line spacing of 1 with Font 10 (Times New Roman). Leave 1.5 cm margins both sides and justify the text.
– Maximum number of words: 300 (Title, authors, Institution and Key words are not included).
– Do not use paragraphs. In the event of using abbreviations and acronyms, explain them at the first time they are used in the text. Do not start sentences with numbers.
– Do not use tables or charts. They might be exhibited on the day of the oral presentation or in the poster text.
– Text division must obey the following order: title; authors; institution; objectives; methodology; results; conclusion; key words. For case reports, there is no need to follow such structure.
– 8 authors (maximum) are allowed (one author and seven co-authors) per paper.
– The author who submits the paper must be registered in the Event and his/her registration must be paid off.
– The presenting author must be registered in the Event as well and his/her registration must be paid off.
– Authors shall be mentioned by their first and last names, separating authors using comma. Eg.: Antônio B. Silva, Fábio Gomes Santos.
– Institution where the work has been carried out.
-Abstracts shall be written ONLY in ENGLISH
- Papers shall be submitted through the site www.bbcs.org.br.
- Deadline for paper submission: March 18, 2021.
- The Judging Committee will only select papers that are relevant to the scientific community.
- The Scientific Committee shall evaluate all the papers approving or not their presentation. Due to space limitations for the presentations, the Committee also has the right to relocate certain papers from one session to another, depending on time and space availability.
- Authors of selected papers shall be notified in advance by email.
- The best papers shall be selected for oral presentation pursuant to the judgment of the Scientific Committee. The others shall be presented in a commented poster and e-poster format during a particular session.
- Each oral presentation will last ten (10) minutes for the paper presentation using Data Show, followed by a five-minute panel discussion, with questions from the audience.
- Each commented poster presentation shall have 3-minute presentation using Data Show, followed by a discussion or comments made by the panel.
- The content of approved papers shall be only in ENGLISH whereas the speech during the presentation can given in PORTUGUESE.
- The posters shall be sent in an e-poster format using power point with a 3-minute explanatory audio.
- Papers that do not comply with the abovementioned instructions shall be automatically excluded.
- In the event of a paper not being accepted there will be no reimbursement of the registration fee, excepting those case in which reimbursement was requested on the date informed at the online registration tab.
- The best work will receive the “Professor José Aristodemo Pinotti” award and will receive in reais the corresponding US $ 2,000.00 (two thousand dollars) destined to the group of the main author to use specifically in the expenses of publication in a scientific journal, it will be paid upon acceptance of the presentation of the work and the presentation of the same. The second best work will receive the “Professor Carlos Inácio de Paula” award, which will earn in reais the corresponding to US $ 340.00 (three hundred and forty dollars) destined to the group of the main author to use specifically in the expenses of publication in a scientific journal, will be paid upon acceptance of the presentation of the work and the presentation of the same.
- The award “Professor Claudio Kemp” (Young Researcher) aims at fostering young researchers. Papers whose main authors are under the age of 35 are eligible to participate. Therefore, it is essential to inform the age of the first author during the registration of the paper. Papers presented orally or in a poster format shall compete equally. The best paper under this category will be awarded with air tickets, hotel and registration for the event Jornada Paulista de Mastologia – JPM 2021.
- We will also have the award Unicentro Brasileira aimed at those who developed their research in Goiás, Tocantins and Federal District. The best paper under this category shall receive R$ 5,000.00.
- The assessment will be made by peers, with a minimum of two evaluators per paper who are not aware of the authorship of such paper and the evaluation of the second examiner. The evaluation criteria are the following: (1) relevance and originality; (2) clarity and
relevance of the objectives and consistency with the methodology; (3) the appropriateness of the research design; (4) description of the methods, statistical analysis; (5) outcome importance, clinical applicability and impact.”
- Awards are not cumulative.
- All approved papers shall be publish at the Mastology journal.
- Study methodology
– Systematic review of randomized studies with or without meta-analysis – Molecular – Studies in “omics” (Genomics, Transcriptome, Proteome);
– Randomized experimental studies – Molecular – Functional studies (in vitro / in vivo);
– Cohort studies – Molecular – Identification of biomarkers (with validation methodology);
– Case-control, ecological and cross-sectional studies;
– Case series – Molecular – Descriptive studies without validation or without control group
– Case report;
– Expert opinions.
- Research Ethics
– Approval by an Ethics committee;
– No need for a research Ethics committee under resolution 466;
– No description or evaluation by an Ethics committee.
- Study design/presentation
– Proper description of the study with clear, replicable methodology, consistent results and adequate conclusion, compatible with the data presented. ClinicalTrials, Rebec or use of Equator methodology approved;
– Proper description of the study with clear, replicable methodology, consistent results and adequate conclusion, compatible with the data presented;
– Proper description of the study, but with poor methodology, consistent results and adequate conclusion, compatible with the data presented;
– Proper description of the study, but with a poor methodology (not replicable). results and/or conclusions not suitable for the data;
– Severe flaws in the introduction, methodology, results and conclusions;
– Not applicable. Methodology and results not described;
– Unpublished – new concept interpretation;
– Ratifies a known concept, but with optional use;
– Ratifies the classic concept of everyday use;
– Does not introduce a new concept;
– Funding from public agency;
– Funding from private agency;
– Self-funding or without funding.
- Clinical/social relevance
– In the study subgroup, in clinical practice and/or social practice;
– In the study subgroup;
– Without clinical applicability or does not fit.
– Awards are not cumulative.
– All approved papers shall be publish at the Matology Journal.